Nowadays, we see more reasonably priced and low-cost items outnumbering their expensive counterparts.
However, with so many cheap and more affordable products, it leads us to question: is quality compromised for lower-priced items?
One name disrupting the watch market with its unbelievably low prices is Skmei.
Skmei has now grown to a large watch company selling watches for as low as $10. One can find their products on Amazon, with a variety of designs to choose from. This article will take a closer look at Skmei watches.
Let’s find out if these Skmei watches are really worth your time and money.
Where Are Skmei Watches Made?
Skmei started back in 2010 and is based in Guangzhou, China. The company started by imitating G Shocks which they labeled as “S-Shocks.”
Skmei eventually established its name and GAINED TRACTION from the watch community by diversifying its products.
This watch brand became successful not only because of their cheap prices but also because of the functionality and variety of watches they bring to the table.
Today, some of their designs get their inspiration from Tissot, Casio, Timex, as well as smartwatches. Aside from manufacturing their own watches, the company is also one of the MAIN SUPPLIERS for premium watch parts.
Now I know there’s a lot of apprehension as to the quality of products made in China. Before you say NO, it’s good to note that a lot of companies today outsource their parts from this country.
Many of the things we own are most likely outsourced or made in China. It should not come as a surprise if some parts or the assembly of your favorite designer watches are made possible by Skmei.
Are They a Steal?
To help us determine if these cheap watches are any good, let’s look at the top items from the Skmei lineup.
Skmei Sports SK 115B Quartz Watch
- Up to 50M of water resistance
- Shockproof case
- Alarm and calendar
- Countdown timer
- Date and week clock
- LED backlight function
- Double setting time zone
- 1/100 stopwatch
One of the top choices for their quartz movement watches is the Skmei Sports SK 1155B Multifunctional Outdoor Dual Time Analog Digital Wristwatch.
This retails for a low price, especially when you think about the value you’re getting.
It’s a digital and analog watch with a bracelet made from high-grade material.
This lightweight digital sports watch measures roughly 55 mm in diameter and have a thickness of 16 mm. From the photos, it may seem bulky but it only weighs a little over 5 ounces. The watch also runs on Japanese quartz.
The specs and overall look of the watch are not bad for the price. For those who prefer various color choices, Skmei might just be for you. For this model alone, they have 13 color options available.
Skmei 1251 Digital Sports Watch
- Stopwatch and countdown
- Sports watch
- Easy to read watch face
- Waterproof at 50m
- Dual time zones
One of their popular watch collections is their sports watches – here we find the Skmei 1251 Digital Sports Watch. We give this watch props, considering it has over a thousand reviews! It has been a crowd favorite due to its sleek, all-black design.
With its low price, this digital sports watch comes with multiple functions and key features, as seen above.
Its sleek style makes it easily pairable with casual attires. You can even wear it during gym sessions!
But that’s not all.
The water and shock resistance feature is a convenient match during outdoor activities such as hiking or swimming on the beach.
Looking at the minimalist design, it’s not a surprise how many people find their sports watches a steal.
Skmei 1260-2 Minimalist Watch
- Up to 30 m of water resistance
- Durable glass mirror with IP plating case
One eye-catching watch from Skmei would be the Minimalist Quartz Wrist Watch Leather Band Waterproof Man Business Watch.
It steers away from the typical watches that we see from various brands.
This piece is a fresh take on minimalist watches. Instead of displaying the traditional dial on the pad, it has neat cuts on the right panel to show the time.
If you look closely, there are 3 dials in the wristwatch – a dial for the hour, minute, and second.
The watch does not have any hands too. The arrow which points to the time is placed on the ring on the right portion of the watch.
Meanwhile, the dials move on their own axis to display the time on the watch. Creative, isn’t it?
This minimalist yet stylish design is not something you see every day.
If you want to own a piece that subtly lets you stand out from the others, this IS IDEAL for you. It can blend in almost anywhere – a casual day at the mall or going out with friends. It can even pair well with your business attire.
The best part? It’s extremely cheap.
Skmei 9183 Dress Watch
Attending a formal attire event? Skmei also carries dress watches for suit-and-tie occasions.
Released early this year, the Skmei 9183 dress watch has just two essentials – time and date.
Everything is arranged in a simplistic design. The dial doesn’t have numbers printed on the pad, just a plain solid color for the design. It also has a small window to indicate the date on the right-side panel.
The crystal is also made from Hardlex quartz glass, a material often used by more popular brands such as Casio, Timex, G Shock, and Seiko.
Moreover, this watch runs on Japanese quartz movement and uses a Sony battery which has an average battery life of 3 years.
The bracelet also takes a break from its usual resin or leather bands. This product has a stainless steel Milanese mesh watch band – a simple yet nice touch for dress watches.
With quality materials and a sleek look, we believe it’s a steal with a price tag of just $29.88.
It’s a great choice for any occasion – for you or for a loved one.
- Sleep Tracker
- Heart Rate Monitor
- 8 Different sports modes
- … much more
Skmei has also dipped its toes in the market for smartwatches.
Here are some impressive features of this smartwatch:
- Tracking features: For fitness buffs, you’ll be impressed with its heart rate monitor, activity trackers (Pedometer, Distance, Calories burned), GPS tracker, Sleep Tracker, Digital Compass
- Health tracking device: This timepiece is a cheap and handy option for those who need to keep an eye on their blood oxygen and blood pressure levels
- Sports enthusiasts: This smartwatch can switch up to 8 different modes to keep up with your sports activities – walking, jumping, badminton, running, cycling, basketball, football, or swimming
- Notification system: It can link with your smartphone to notify you regarding your call logs, SMS, major social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter
- Other features include: weather reports, remote control for music
- Easy to read and water-resistant watch face
- Low power consumption and long standby time which can last up to 30 days
- Compatible with Android and iOS phones
This stylish and multi-function smartwatch retails for $49.99. So who is the best person to wear this? Any fitness buff or outdoor junky who wants style and features beyond what your typical watch delivers.
Skmei Watches Review: A Brand Worth Trying?
- Great price to function value. Needless to say, cheap price is the main selling point of Skmei watches. For $20, you can find a reliable Skmei timepiece you can use for everyday wear or a night out with friends.
- Good service: Aside from their competitive price range, Skmei is also known for its excellent service. Skmei watches come with a 12-month warranty. Warranty for their premium watch models can go up to 2 years. Moreover, customers can freely return the item within 7 days if it doesn’t fulfill their expectations.
- Easy to replace. If you break or lose your watch, it won’t be hard to replace as it doesn’t cost lots of money AT ALL!
- Multi-function and versatile design. Most Skmei watches have functions and designs inspired by popular watch brands such as Casio, G Shock, and Timex.
- Various choices: Most of their models have many variations to choose from.
- Not premium materials: Of course, the downside to having a low-cost watch would be the kind of materials used for the watch. It doesn’t mean to say these are sub-par; the materials used are of good quality but not similar to what you’d typically expect from more popular brands in the market.
- Divided experience: Although there are generally positive comments, we’ve also found common themes on negative Skmei watches reviews for the brand: poor readability of the dial and low battery life.
- Not for everyone. Although the quality is satisfactory, it’s not a top pick for a watch expert or collector or someone who is particular with the brand of an item.
Skmei Watch Review: What Do They Have to Say?
Once we’ve gathered some of the top Skmei watches, we also sifted through the reviews found on Amazon to check if people are happy with their purchase or Skmei experience.
For affordable timepieces, we were impressed to see that people have rated Skmei products as satisfactory.
They have an average rating of 4 stars out of 5. Let’s look at some verified comments and what the Skmei watch users have to say:
Where to Buy
Skmei Watches are widely available online. You may find their official Amazon page here: Skmei Watches.
Preferably, it’s always best to buy from an official or legitimate supplier. You can also check out their website here.
Verdict: A Decent, Highly Affordable Buy
Some people have a tendency to link an item’s value with its price. However, Skmei watches have proved that low price does not automatically equate to low quality.
Skmei is a decent brand choice among the affordable watches at the same price point.
If you are looking for a watch and are on a budget, or if you simply want to buy a new watch mostly for casual wear, Skmei is worth checking out. Who knows, your first Skmei watch might not be your last one.